Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Something worth writing about..."

It's been awhile since i have written anything on here. Mainly, just because i was busy with work this past few months. But also because i was working through some stuff in my faith. To be honest, i'm still working through it.

But i just noticed something that made stop and think.

Within the past week, i have the chance to share Christ with a jehovah's wittness, a mormon and a guy who said he felt like he was supposed to be a preacher, yet he didn't go to church.

The jehovah's wittness (jw) was a lady who saw me and my wife's kitchen table on craig's list and came to see it. Just through conversation we found out she was a jw and she found out we were christians. But there was no drawing of swords, no shedding of blood. I told myself i would wait to share the gospel until she came back to buy the table. She didn't.

The mormon i met at a youth group activity. He came with a friend. I found out about his faith because the mormons had been by this skating rink and left some mormon tracks behind. I noticed them and picked them up to give 'em a once over. He just happened to skate up and ask what i was looking at. I told him and he told me that he was a mormon. I was almost stunned and didn't know what to say.

The third person i met at the at&t place in the mall. While my wife was talking to her mother on the phone, i was talking to the guy behind the counter about where i worked and how i went to school to be a pastor. he told me he always felt like he was supposed to be a preacher. I asked him where he went to church and he told me he wasn't going anywhere and hadn't been in awhile. To which i said nothing.

Three different encounters put in place by God Almighty and i missed them.

How could i be so blind?

I was more concerned with selling my table than the first person's soul.
I was more concerned with skating than the second's.
I was more concerned with my phone coverage than the third's.

Oh, God! May you not turn your back on me for being so overwhelmed with my ownself. Please give me a burden for the lost! This is more a prayer than a blog. Please forgive me in not seeing the worth of these people's souls. If it were not for you love and grace, i would be no different than them. Father, i pray that you will lift up my head and show me your ways. "lead me in your truth, and teach me: for you are the God of my salvation; on you do i wait all the day." Psalm 25:5

To the multitudes that read this (heavy sarcasm) i pray that you will also hold me accountable and hold yourself accountable. Do not pass an opportunity to share Christ.

No comments: